• DAO aims to publish art work and comment on the arts by disabled people, which is fresh, exciting, analytical, critical, controversial, stimulating and creative.
• DAO aims to commission work by disabled artists and Disability Arts, and Inclusive Arts organisations.
• DAO aims to profile projects and best practice within the Arts, particularly from arts organisations e.g. Disability Arts Forums and Agencies, which are led by disabled people.
• DAO aims to pay disabled artists for material commissioned for publication. Rates of payment for comment, reviews, features, are £50 per 500 words or £100 per article if agreed feature is over 1000 words. Payment is limited by budgetary constraints and is at the editors’ discretion. All fees paid are subject to UK tax laws. All contributors are liable for making their own tax arrangements.
• DAO aims to commission disabled artists to produce artworks specifically for the site.
• If you wish to retain copyright or licence over material commissioned for publication on DAO, when submitting material, please state your conditions or terms for use. In all other instances, on submission of any contribution, DAO reserves the right to use, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the contribution.